Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Focus - Stampers Anonymous Stamps

Hello Everyone! It's Pamellia, and I am super excited because today I am hosting my very first Friday Focus here at Frilly and Funkie! I will be showing you some different techniques and ways to use some of my favourite Stampers Anonymous stamp sets!

During the next two weeks there will be an additional 15% discount on the Stampers Anonymous Classic stamp sets at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I decided I would put together a card that I can use down the road for a Wedding, an Anniversary or even a Birthday, all I have to do is slap on a sentiment and it's ready to go. For this reason, I wanted to keep it elegant but nondescript, and I wanted it to be beautiful but not too feminine. Here is what I came up with.


For the focal panel I used the large stamp from the Stampers Anonymous Classics #19 stamp set. I embossed two panels with Ranger Queen's Gold embossing powder, one with Ranger Silver embossing powder and one with Ranger Copper embossing powder.



I trimmed off the script to make four squares and then cut each of those down into four squares, giving me sixteen little tiles. I blended them with Tim Holtz distress inks Victorian Velvet, Tea Dye and Gathered Twigs. I arranged them randomly onto a 5" square base then flicked it with some ink using my paintbrush.


For the bottom layer I created a frame using the smaller of the two stamps from the Stampers Anonymous Fabulous Flourishes stamp set. I inked up the stamp with Ranger Archival ink Coffee and stamped three of the four sides. I used post it notes to mask the areas already stamped so I could stamp the last side without overlapping the designs. I flicked some Brushed Pewter and Tarnished Brass distress spray for a little metallic glitter.



For my focal art piece, I used the Fleur-de-Lis stamp from the Stampers Anonymous Classics #19 stamp set. I applied three layers of UTEE and one layer of Rangers Silver embossing powder and then while it was still hot I pressed the stamp down firmly leaving an impression in the UTEE.

I sprayed the panel with Moonshadow Mist, fussy cut around the design and then highlighted all of the raised areas with Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter spray.



For the belly band, I embossed a strip of vellum using the floral strip stamp from the Stampers Anonymous Classics #19 stamp set. I only wanted to use one of the flower blocks so I masked off the other ones using sticky notes before applying the Perfect Medium, then pulled off the sticky notes before stamping onto the vellum. I did this six times creating a row of the same flower.



For an embellishment, I painted a small wooden heart white and then sprayed it with Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter ink spray. I embossed it using one of the gorgeous stamps from the Stampers Anonymous Distress Damask stamp set and Ranger Copper embossing powder. I also flicked on a little Queens Gold powder.


Here are a few close ups of the finished card. I added some roses stained with Tarnished Brass, some crinoline between the two back layers, some seam binding coloured with Victorian Velvet and Tea Dye and some pearls on the corners.





In this last picture you can see how deep and detailed the UTEE is with the pressed stamp image. The red rubber of the Stampers Anonymous Classic stamp sets are deeply etched making them perfect for this technique. The fine detail achieved when using even the most coarse of embossing powders is very impressive and I highly recommend you give these stamps sets a try!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my very first Friday Focus here at Frilly and Funkie! I thank you all for dropping in. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

Hugs, Pamellia :)

39 comments:

  1. What amazing creativity you have Pamellia and thanks for this great tut. The little squares are a perfect base for so many cards and I really must have a go at stamping into the thick embossing...I have not tried that technique for some time and your pieces look beautiful. Your card would be beautiful for any occasion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely INCREDIBLE work Pamellia! Jaw-droppingly beautiful and so good to see exactly how you achieved it too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work Pamellia, (I am commenting from work, naughty me lol!) I could not wait to see how you did this and yes I am surprised as it looks a lot more intricate and harder than it was. You have done an amazing piece of work, I love those embossing powders especially the Bronze and I must get some of those #19 stamp set, they are gorgeous. Thank you so much for all the inspiration you give us and thank you for the wonderful step by step instructions on this one.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Pamellia. I love the stamps you have used, the colours and textures are so beautiful and I agree this card could be used for many occasions.
    Thank you for such a fabulous tutorial.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, simply gorgeous!! Some fantastic tips there, and my shopping list has grown by another foot! lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make it so SIMPLE...this is just Fab, Pamellia. Love the soft colors on this card and the techniques are just mind blowing! Loved the UTEE stamped embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Pamellia, thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed tutorial.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey ( a good old English expression!) - this is beautiful Pamellia. You really did only use stamps which for you is unusual and really confirms your depth of creative genius. Might have to case this one too! Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy Nikki, I would really love to see your version of this, what a gorgeous creation that would be!! big thanks and hugs :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous card Pamellia, I adore all those metal elements and how you used the stamps so creatively. Lovely to see the step by steps,too. Love the focal UTEE piece too, very striking. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stupendous, fantastic, awesome, wonderful, incredible - oh, oh running out of superlatives here so I better grab the thesaurus. :) Seriously this is terrific card and the way you used the stamps with all the embossing makes it so special. I am glad your camera was able to capture all the shimmer.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning. This really looks like it could be metal. Such a cool technique - and one that I will be trying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your first and very successful Friday Focus! Pamellia, your card is stunning and would be a welcomed gift for a special occasion! Love the cut tiles and richness in every layer and so pretty the way you tied it all up and added the flower! Love this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Pamellia! I adore this it is so gorgeous and elegant!
    Thanks so much for inspiring!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving all the metal shine, you make keepsakes not cards Pamellia and this wil be another treasured gift :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Pamellia, what a great process to see. Stunning results.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of variety and detail, TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful Pamellia! Classic 19 is my favourite of the classics I think and I adore what you did with it here! A brilliant step out and a fantastic project!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW GIRL what a tutorial!!! So very detailed and informative!! Thanks Pamellia...I want to try it all!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. A totally stunning card Pamellia and it is so good get an insight into how you put together such wonderful creations too! I love the way you used the squares! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this metallic card, Pamellia! Great choice of stamps and a genius way to use them! Also, what great color choices, the little pearls add just the perfect finishing touch, and the band is gorgeous all on it's own! A wonderful card for a special occasion! You are really doing one fine job as a new DT! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love the fact that you do tutorials now so we can see all the stunning work that goes into these magical creations. The vellum strip and metallic embossing is so yummy! GORGEOUS! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I took a peek at this the other day after you had scheduled your post and was absolutely stunned speechless. You are brilliantly creative. You took a lovely but average stamp set and created an incredible work of art. I love every single detail - so well-thought-out and beautiful. I really love the metallic embossing and that chunk of stamped UTEE made me gasp. Thank you so much for providing such incredible inspiration for our visitors!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pamellia, you know how much I adore your creations (as well as your heart)... and this just so beautifully shows why! All of the masterpieces you create come from your stunning heart and I continue to just stare at this masterpiece, unable to tell you just how much I love it. You are such a treasure and I love every component of this breathtaking card! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another fabulous tutorial. One day some very astute person is going to sign you up and turn all of you amazing knowledge into DVDs and books ..... I would buy them.

    This is another awesome project, I love the colours and your great techniques.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy Dionne, don't tell my hubby that! He's been bugging me to write a book for months now! I keep saying, if I could write, we wouldn't need to work for a living! haha! Thanks for visiting and for the lovely comment! hugs :)

      Delete
  25. Beautiful card Pamellia! Love the metallic colours you've used, couldn't help but smile at your description of the 'belly band'. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Gorgeous Stunningly Beautiful. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A fabulous card Pamellia, using my favourite Classic Stamp sets! I love all the little details - the tiles, the embossing, the belly band and the fabulous cluster of flowers and ribbon. Just amazing! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful project with lovely techniques and gorgeous shimmery colors Pamellia! The stamping in the thick UTEE looks marvelous! Thanks for sharing how you put this all together!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is truly magnificent!! I absolutely LOVE seeing how Pamellia creates and this gorgeous masterpiece is a fine example of why. How very inspiring it is!!! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful creation!!! I adore it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous work, Pamellia - all the metallic embossing looks just amazing - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have to admit to pre-peeking at your card before it went live:-)) Oh my gosh, every time I think I can't be more amazed by your art you create yet another masterpiece. Your card absolutely glows!! You totally rocked the Friday Focus, Pamellia!! You are awesome!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't blame you, I would do the same thing. I used to sneak down Christmas morning, open my presents and then carefully wrap them back up again. haha!! Too funny! Thanks for the wonderful compliment Nancy. hugs :)

      Delete
  32. Stunning Pamellia, love the metallic embossing and thank you for a superb tutorial, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a masterpiece!!! So much work but it sure was worth it, since the finished card looks absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a beautiful card, so many outstanding techniques to try. It's so simple when broken down step by step. Thanks for sharing your project with us.

    ReplyDelete